We finally had a day without a preschool tour, which is a little sad, but somewhat refreshing after going 7-days straight for a month and a half.
I was walking through the Fun Park, making my list when I was captivated again by the labyrinth. I know, it doesn’t seem like the most exciting attraction, but I just love it. It’s calming, beautiful, and relaxing, so I walked in.
As I walked, I realized that my collegiate daughter was walking through her most demanding semester, just as we were on our busiest month. (Don’t get me wrong, we LOVE October, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t wear you down.)
I sent her a video to encourage her through her busiest time. (That’s just for her.) The video above was what hit me next.
We are working hard each weekend so you can relax with your family here. Each week, you go to your job to serve your students, guests, clients, customers, buyers, or patients, and you work hard to do it right.
What a great circle of service in the world! However, work-from-home and other trends have led to studies that show Americans are taking the least vacation time ever. Because our phones are always connected, we feel as though we must work 24-7.
News flash: You don’t. In fact, you are more productive if you take time with your family and friends to recharge yourself!
That’s what we are doing for you the next THREE weekends – We are making a great, fun, safe, family-friendly environment for YOU to decompress. Our farm is OPEN specifically, so you can log out and get out.
Time moves forward. In the video, I show the footprints in the sand of the labyrinth, prints large and small. I love to think of the kids running through the sand as grandparents and parents enjoy the giggles.
Those footprints mark a day past; time gone. Someone captured those moments, but so many are missed. I know I missed lots of precious childhood moments as I worked away at my own goals. With my last child heading to college next year, I’m working harder to be present for each footprint.
Don’t miss it. Unplug the screens. That email can wait. We have tons of things to do, but the most important thing is your time spent together. It’s not really about the pumpkins. Relationships grow when nourished with time.
In the labyrinth sand, the wind sweeps the footprints away.
Meaningful, present, joyful experiences never fade.
See you this weekend,
PS Have you tried the Kettle Korn?!
Weekend action at the farm:
- Flashlight Night – Friday & Saturday 10AM-10PM, last ticket at 9PM! Get lost in the dark with your flashlight, but don’t worry, we never scare people here 🙂 Flashlight Nights are good for EVERYONE!
- Apple Picking – TONS of crisp, juicy apples are EARLIER than you might expect, including Reds, Smoothee Golds, Jonee, Empire, Stayman, Jonagold, Macs, Fuji.
- Pumpkin Picking: LAST CHANCE for pumpkins, fewer but BIGGER makes for some incredible deals as pumpkins are just $.75 per pound, but NO pumpkin costs more than $15! Yup, that 40-pounder – just 15 bucks.
- Maze Fun Park this Saturday features the FIRST Flashlight Night of 2021, so you can get lost in the DARK. Everyone LOVES exploring the maze with flashlights, and we NEVER scare people at Maize Quest, so it’s the perfect, fun date or family adventure.
- Donuts! We are making our signature Apple Cider Donuts and much more this weekend in the bakery – make this your final stop of the day!
- Cider: Who doesn’t want to kick off the harvest season with sweet apple cider!? Made with our apples by Kime’s, it is THE taste of Fall – plus we have cider slushies, too!
- Open Air: EVERYTHING at the farm is a breezy, beautiful open-air attraction, so you can RELAX and enjoy acres and acres of space with your friends and family!
Check your forecast – it’s pretty nearly the PERFECT Fall weekend, and the farm is open for you!