LAST WEEKEND is Nov 4-6, 2021 -> Farm, Maze & Winery Open Hours
Pick-Your-Own: Mon-Sat 8AM-5PM, Sun 1PM-5PM
Farm Market: Mon-Sat 8AM-5PM, Sun 1PM-5PM
Bakery: Fri-Sat 8AM-5PM, Sun 1PM-5PM
Winery: Sat 12PM-5PM, Sun 1PM-5PM
Maize Quest: Friday & Saturday 10AM-10PM with Flashlight Nights, Sun 1PM-7PM
I love the picture above. It captures exactly what we strive for in all our work—that moment of pure joy.
Mom and child zooming down the slide faces alight with glee. Maybe that’s Dad watching and savoring the joy of the family as he, too, must have just had a wild, fun ride.
It is that specific moment of pure joy, created by the combination of our labor, lumber, and creativity, that fuels me personally, too.
I never want to do anything else. Joy creation is my life’s work, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to do it.
In the Bible, Isaiah 40:8 says, “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.”
I know you might not be as into Biblical references as I am, but the idea here is directly applicable:
The ‘things’ (read stuff, toys, cars, flowers, meals, Amazon packages, apples) of this world [and the joy derived from them] will pass away.
You know this already. Likely, you’ve waited for weeks or months to get that new coat, purse, or pickup truck; then, once you finally have it, you are euphoric! You feel amazing! You can’t believe it!
One week passes. Two weeks. A month. That initial pleasure is gone, and all you have is more stuff.
So the question is: What stands forever? What do you remember forever? What lasts longer than your new Xbox?
The joy-filled moments and the quiet special moments you create will last the test of time IF you take the time to create them.
Now, indeed, you don’t have to do that here at the farm. Some of my favorite memories with our kids come from the simple act of reading books together with silly voices each evening when they were young.
I have fond memories from my childhood of spending the night with my Grandmother & Great Aunt at their house while my parents were off at a farm meeting somewhere.
The key is the time. That’s the perishable element, the one thing we can’t get back.
There are only two weeks left at the farm for Fall harvest, for Mega Slide, for getting lost together, for enjoying the fresh air outside and away from screens.
We’d love to host your friends & family this weekend or next, but even if you can’t make it out, make sure you take some time for your special people this weekend.
See you soon on the farm,
PS Have you tried the new jump pad?
Weekend action at the farm:
- Flashlight Night – Friday & Saturday 10AM-10PM, last ticket at 9PM! Get lost in the dark with your flashlight, but don’t worry, we never scare people here 🙂 Flashlight Nights are good for EVERYONE!
- Apple Picking – Picking is thinning out now, but still available, including Reds, Smoothee Golds, Jonee, Stayman, Jonagold, York, Rome.
- Pumpkin Picking: LAST CHANCE for pumpkins, fewer but BIGGER makes for some incredible deals as pumpkins are just $.75 per pound or $25 a wagon load – our final weekend special.
- Maze Fun Park this Saturday features the FIRST Flashlight Night of 2021, so you can get lost in the DARK. Everyone LOVES exploring the maze with flashlights, and we NEVER scare people at Maize Quest, so it’s the perfect, fun date or family adventure.
- Donuts! We are making our signature Apple Cider Donuts and much more this weekend in the bakery – make this your final stop of the day!
- Cider: Who doesn’t want to kick off the harvest season with sweet apple cider!? Made with our apples by Kime’s, it is THE taste of Fall – plus we have cider slushies, too!
- Open Air: EVERYTHING at the farm is a breezy, beautiful open-air attraction, so you can RELAX and enjoy acres and acres of space with your friends and family!
Check your forecast – it looks like we’ll skip the rain Sat & Sunday Fall weekend, and the farm is open for you!